The Outdoor Activity Award has the following qualifications:
- Attend Day Camp (Wolf Elective 23E)
- Complete (Assemble) Wolf Elective 23B Explain the basics of how to take care of yourself in the outdoors.
- Participate in a nature hike (Leave No Trace)
- Participate in an outdoor activity such as a picnic (Wolf Elective 18A) or park fun day
- Explain the Buddy System and tell what to do if you are lost (Wolf Elective 23C and 23D) and explain the importance of cooperation.
- Attend a pack overnighter (Wolf Elective 23A)
- Complete and outdoor service project in your area.
- Complete a nature/conservation project in your area. (Wildlife Conservation Award)
- Earn the Summertime Pack Award
- Participate in a nature observation activity. Discribe/Illustrate and Display your observations at a den or pack meeting. (Wolf Elective 13A if you choose to watch birds)
- Participate in an outdoor aquatic activity. (Swimming Belt Loop)
- Participate in an outdoor campfire program. Perform in a skit, sing a song or take part in a ceremony. (Wolf Elective 23G)
- Participate in an outdoor sporting event. (there are many outdoor sport beltloops available and also corospond with Wolf Electives 20A-O)
- Particpate in Scout's Own or other worship service. (Wolf Elective 23H)
- Explore a local city, county, state or national park. Discuss with your den how a good citizen obeys the park rules.
As you can see, you are probably doing many of these activities with your boys already, so go ahead and grab the award!