Camp outs are great fun. Before you go on your Cub and Family camping trip take a few minutes to discuss Wolf Elective 23 B (Explain how to take care of yourself in the outdoors) Wolf Elective 23C (What to do if you think you are lost) and Elective 23D (Explain the buddy system). Wolf Elective 18H pointing out poisonous plants is good one too! Easy Arrow points for your scouts!
While you are at the camp out don't forget to take advantage of Wolf Requirement 2E (How to raise the flag) and Wolf Requirement 2F (Participate in an outdoor flag service). Wolf Elective 23A (Attend a Pack overnighter) and Wolf Elective 23H (Participate in an outdoor worship service if the scout attends).
Keep track of all your activities at camp out. You can also use your camp outs to work on Leave No Trace Principles and complete some of the Leave No Trace Requirements.
Leave No Trace:
- Discuss with your leader the importance of Leave No Trace Frontcountry Guidelines
- On 3 seperate outings, practice frontcountry guidelines of Leave No Trace
- Complete Requirement 7 "Your Living World"
- Participate in a Leave No Trace related service project
- Promise to practice the Leave No Trace frontcountry guidelines by signing the Cub Scout Leave No Trace Pledge
- Draw a poster to illustrate the Leave No Trace frontcountry guidelines and display it at a pack meeting.