- collecting food for a food bank or local family
- baking cookies for your local police and fire departments
- making cards for sick children or residents of a nursing home
- visiting a nursing home
- collecting toys or adopting a family at Christmas
- helping with Operation Christmas Child http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/
- serving food at a church sponsored event for those less fortunate this holiday season
These are just a few ideas for service projects. The holidays makes it easy to learn about serving and thinking about others first.