With Spring weather being so unpredictable this year, I thought now would be a good time to work on the Emergency Preparedness Award.
The requirements are different for each cub scout level, however the guidelines for all scouts can be found at http://www.scouting.org/Media/Publications/EmergencyPreparedness/award.aspx
For Wolf Den:
- Complete Wolf Cub Scout Achievement 9*—Be Safe at Home and on the Street. This is a check of your home to keep it safe.
- Complete Wolf Cub Scout Elective 16*—Family Alert. This elective is about designing a plan for your home and family in case an emergency takes place.
- With your parent or guardian's help, complete one of the following activities that you have not already completed for this award as a Tiger Cub:
- Take American Red Cross Basic Aid Training (BAT) to learn emergency skills and care for choking, wounds, nose bleeds, falls, and animal bites. This course includes responses for fire safety, poisoning, water accidents, substance abuse, and more.
- Make a presentation to your family on what you have learned about preparing for emergencies.
- Join a Safe Kids program such as McGruff Child Identification program. Put on a training program for your family or den on stranger awareness, Internet safety, or safety at home.
If you want to buy kits:
If you want to make your own:
Internet Safety, Stranger Abduction, Gun Safety
Finger Print Kits